Sunday, December 21, 2014

Best Fall/Winter Nail Polishes 2014

Hey Guys!

In honor of the first day of winter, today's Blog is going to be my choices for the best fall/winter nail polish colors. These are my personal choices. The colors that I like to wear during the fall and winter months. They are not the only colors that I have but they are the ones that I tend to lean towards the most during those months.

Just a warning, the colors in the pictures are not true to life. I am in the process of getting some nail polish wheels in hopes that the swatches come out better on camera. But for now these are my picks. Enjoy!

All colors are listed left to right.

The Reds...

Revlon ~ Raven Red
Butter London ~ Pillar Box Red
NYC ~ Big Apple Red Creme

 
 
The Revlon polish is a deep red when it's on the nails. The Butter London and NYC are medium reds. All three polishes have good wear and the formula is nice as well, very creamy and not watery at all.
 
The Greens...

Nicole by O.P.I ~ Khloe Had A Little Lam Lam
Sephora ~ Be A Millionaire

 
Both of these greens are deep green. They look very similar to each other when on the nails but the Sephora green is a little bit darker than the O.P.I one in my opinion. Both polishes are nice colors, especially for Christmas time and the formula like the previous polishes is just right.


The Blues...

Wet N Wild ~ Saved By The Blue
Maybelline Color Show ~ Midnight Blue
Ulta ~ Blue Streak


 
The Maybelline polish is a deep blue, almost black. It's the perfect blue for fall and winter. The Wet N Wild polish is a dark blue but not deep like the Maybelline polish. The Ulta color is a medium blue, although it's coming off light in the photo. The ulta polish is not as long lasting as the others but still, they are all good quality polishes.


The Purples...

NYC ~ Purple Pizzazz Frost
Milani ~ Rapid Orchid


 
The Milani polish is a deep purple almost black color and perfect for those dark days during fall and winter. The NYC is a nice medium/darl purple.

The Pinks...

Revlon ~ Cherries In The Snow
Revlon ~ Plum Seduction

 
Cherries in the snow is a medium pink and plum seduction is a darker pink. Cherries in the snow looks red in the bottle but once it's on your nails it's more pink. Both are nice colors for fall and winter.
 
The Browns...

NYC ~ Park Ave
Ulta ~ Fine Pruned

 
Park ave is a lighter brown while fine pruned is a little bit darker. There is not much of a difference between the two but if both are on your nails at the same time, you can definitely tell the difference between these two browns.
                                                     

The Black...

NYC ~ Black Lace Creme

 
I only included one black because obviously black is black. There are black polishes that have more of a shine than others and there are also black polishes that have a bit of shimmer or glitter added but for fall and winter I like just a plain true black.


The Glitter...

Revlon ~ Graffiti
Milani ~ Hot Pink
Essie ~ Jazzy Jubilant
Revlon ~ Radiant

 
Glitter polishes I like best over a solid color. Graffiti is a nice red and white combination that I think is great for christmas time. I like to wear this one over a black polish. Radiant is another christmas time glitter that I love because it reminds me of christmas tree ornaments. I like it best over a white polish but it also looks good over a little bit lighter blue. The Milani and Essie polishes look good over black or white. The Milani polish I also like over silver or gold. The Essie polish is nice over any dark color. I like to wear the Essie over black or a dark red the best.
 
That's all for my best fall/winter nail polish colors. Leave comments telling me what your favorite polishes are to wear during the fall and winter months. As always also leave ideas for future Blog posts that you would like to see.
 
Thanks for reading :)
XOXO Lola

No comments:

Post a Comment