Saturday, December 20, 2014

Holiday 2014 Fragrances

Hey Guys!

I wasn't going to do a Blog today because I said in my precious one that my next Blog was going to probably be an Ulta Blog Haul but I have some Holiday scents, mostly from Bath & Body works that I wanted to share with you guys since it is obviously still holiday time and you can still go out and get these scents from probably any place that sells candles, body sprays, hand sanitizer, etc. I'm sure that Yankee Candle, Walmart, Target, even your local Dollar Tree or 99 cent store would have most of them. As always I'm going to post pictures of the products that I have and I will give a description as well as my thoughts. Enjoy!

The first two scents are what I consider the holiday season go to scents. They are both from Bath & Body Works.

This one is Fresh Balsam. The key notes are balsam & fir trees & fresh eucalyptus. The 3 wick candle is $20 and the mini candle is $4.50. The Evergreen candle is also a good substitute for the fresh balsam candle. This is one of my favorite scents. It smells exactly as it sounds, just like a christmas tree. If you can't have a real tree for one reason or another this is the scent for you. I bought this candle last year and the scent is still strong this year. Everytime I burn it, the room smells like a christmas tree lot and I cannot get enough of it. I am definitely going to keep repurchasing this product year after year.


This is the Holiday scented candle also from Bath & Body works. This 3 wick candle was $20. The candle Tis The Season is also a good candle to pick up if you can't find this one. The key notes are cinnamon, clove & fresh bergamot. This candle when burning makes any room smell like cinnamon. I recommend this to anyone who loves a spicy fragrance and this is also another product that I will be repurchasing.

 
The next few products are some of the most popular holiday scents from Bath & Body Works.
 
The first one is Twisted Peppermint. The key notes are peppermint, vanilla & sugary musk. The 3 wick candle is $20, the body mist is $12.50, The hand sanitizer is $1.50. This has been a favorite scent of mine for the past few years. It does have a very strong peppermint scent so if that is something that you don't like then this fragrance is not for you. I personally enjoyed it in the past. With that being said, I have been using it for so many years that the scent is getting old to me and although I am going to finish up each of the products, I probably won't be repurchasing any twisted peppermint products for a while so I can try out some of the newer scents that they have been coming out with. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone who enjoys the smell of peppermint.
 
 
This next scent is Vanilla Bean Noel. The key notes are vanila bean, rich cocoa, sweet cream, caramel & brown sugar. The Travel body mist is $6.00, the mini candle is $4.50 & the hand sanitizers are $1.50 each. I also bought this scent last year I think for the first time, or it could have been the year before, anyway...I never really paid much attention to this scent but this year I have been using it alot more. I was really missing out on this amazing scent. It has such a sweet fragrance to it and you can really smell the vanilla bean. I actually think you could probably get away with using it year round. I mean except for the Noel part, It's just a sweet vanilla smell which I personally love the smell of vanilla so it works for me although I have so many other body mists and things to use I will probably pack away what I don't use this year and use it again next year. This is another product that I would recommend not only for the holiday but if it works for you, all year round.
 
 
The third scent is Winter Candy Apple. The key notes are candied apples, spiced orange zest & Winter Musk. The travel body mist is $6.00 & the hand sanitizer is $1.50. I can really smell the apples in it and it does have a musky scent to it. Although I do like it, this isn't my favorite scents for the holidays probably because I've had it for the past 2 or 3 years and it's just such an old scent that it's lost a little of it's appeal to me. This is an oldie but a goodie that I definitely think you should give a try if you haven't already and if you have and you enjoy it, go ahead and buy it again!!!
 
 
 
I should also mention that all of the products that I have mentioned so far I have bought in previous years so although I am putting the prices in this Blog, they may have changed a little since then. I am noticing that some of the newer products that I am about to mention, although the same size are different prices and I have not checked to see if they are the same this year.
 
This first new scent is Sugar Plum Dream. The key notes are orange, lemon, lime, apple, pomegranate, black cherry, snowdrop flower, vanilla orchid, winter iris, jasmine petals, warm amber, sugared musk & creamy sandalwood. This hand sanitizer is $1.75. I'm not sure if this is a new scent this year or if it's just new to me. I really enjoy it. The hand sanitizer was the only thing that I could find at the time that I went to Bath & Body Works except for the body cream but I dont really care for the body creams. I am hoping that I will be able to get the body mist before they stop selling it. I wish they had travel sizes but I dont see them online so I assume they don't exist. If anyone knows if this is correct let me know.
 
 
I believe this next product is new this year because I don't remember seeing it before but I could be wrong. This is Fresh Sparkling Snow. The key notes are sparkling sugarberries, holiday pear & icy melon. The 3 wick candle is $22.50 & the hand sanitizer is $1.75. This is my FAVORITE scent right now. I cannot tell you how amazing this smells. I am so disappointed because it seems that they have only made the candle, hand sanitizer and soap. I would love to have the body mist and lotion. Maybe even the shower gel. I haven't seen them and they are also not on the website. I really hope this is a scent that comes back next year and that they grow the line. I seriously cannot get enough of this scent. When I burn it, the room smells so amazing. Go in and smell the candle. That's all you have to do and I promise, you will buy it. The way the candle smells in the jar is exactly what it smells like when it is burning. It is the most delicious fruity smell. The berries and melon definitely come out. I would recommend this product first before any of the other scents I have talked about in this Blog.
 
 
These are just a couple of other holiday candles that I have worth mentioning. They both came from my local dollar tree. If you haven't guessed, the green one is pine scented and the brown one is pumpkin. In all honesty the pine doesn't really have that much of a christmas tree scent and the pumpkin candle when it burns it's just a candle. The pumpkin spice doesn't really come out at all. In a small room or a bathroom, the scents may come out a little more but if you can't sit there and smell them, then there is really no point. These are not products that I would repurchase myself but some of you guys may enjoy them. I can only speak for myself so feel free to go out and try them for yourself and let me know how you like them.
 
 
I would like to mention that Cranberry & Gingerbread are also some good holiday scents. You could find them pretty much anywhere these types of porducts are sold. I prefer Bath & Body Works or Yankee Candles over all the other ones. It's my personal opinion that although they can be pricey if not on sale, they have the better fragrances and the scents definitely come out more than the generic brands. I'm also going to include a list of a few other holiday scents from Bath & Body Works that I do not own but that I would either buy myself or that I think would make good gifts for other people that might enjoy the scents more than me.
 
I hope you enjoyed this Blog and that it helps you in your holiday scents shopping!!! If you have any of these products leave comments telling me how you like them or if you have another scent that you like and think I should try leave that in a comment as well. As always feel free to leave ideas for future Blog posts.
 
Thank You for reading :)
XOXO Lola
 
Other Bath & Body Works Holiday Scents...
Frosted Cranberry
Snow Kissed Berry
A Thousand Wishes
Frosted Wonderland
Mahogany Teakwood
Marshmellow Fireside
Winter
Leaves
Cinnamon Caramel Swirl
Fireside
Pumpkin Gingerbread
Sparkling Icicles
Holly Jolly Christmas
Ski Lodge
Cinnamon Frosting
Hot Buttered Rum
 
Stay Tuned for the next Blog...

No comments:

Post a Comment