Sunday, January 31, 2016

Sally Hansen Nail Stickers Review

This blog is a review for the Sally Hansen Salon Effects Nail Stickers.

The pattern I got is 150 Faux Real. It's a cheetah print on the tip of one side and the rest zebra. Depending on the shape of the nails and how long your nails are you could end up with cheetah and zebra or just zebra. I have just zebra.

These are made with real velvet fabric.

The directions are pretty much the same for any other nail stickers that I've seen...

Start with clean, dry nails, select the best fit sticker for each of your nails, peel the paper from the back and press firmly on the nail and smooth over. Then use a nail file to remove the excess sticker and apply a top coat along the edge to seal it.

To remove: soak nails in warm water for one minute and gently peel off.

These are different then the Essie brand that I tried. The review for those are also on my blog so check that out as well.

The first thing that is different is that the Essie Nail stickers came with a cuticle pusher and mini nail file and the Sally Hansen ones just came with the stickers. The other difference is the material. The Essie stickers were just normal sticker material while these Sally Hansen ones are made of velvet.

I love nail stickers and both of these brands are amazing. The only con I have is that the Sally Hansen velvet nail stickers collect everything. I have cats and I get cat hair on them. I get other little foreign objects on them like lint. I suggest washing your hands a little more often with these ones on. I put the top coat on the whole nail thinking that might help but it didn't. My nails still collect stuff. Also when it comes to the top coat on the velvet nail stickers, it makes them look a little weird almost like they are wet.

Regardless of the cons I still love the Sally Hansen nail stickers. I would like to try other types besides the velvet ones.  These were $1 at Dollar Tree so I would definitely repurchase the same ones. I would even pay a couple more bucks but for the velvet ones I won't buy them for the normal price at another store. I've seen then at my local drug store for $11. I wouldn't pay that much for the velvet type but I would lay that for the Essie ones or non velvet Sally ones. They are really worth it especially if you don't have the time to let your nails dry or if you're in a hurry. I've used the nail stickers and then took a shower soon after and they were fine. Also the Essie Nail Stickers lasted for a good 2 weeks before they started coming off and I wore them for 3 weeks before I removed them so you definitely get good use of them. I haven't had the Sally Hansen ones on that long so I don't know the wear on them but I'll keep you posted.

That's my review for the Sally Hansen Salon Effects Nail Stickers. Let me know if you have used them and what other brands you have used and if you like them.

Thanks for reading :)

XOXO Lola

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is down to the way that they were originally designed - not too long ago, box retailers simply provided you with a standard cube or tray base that you put your subscription items in. Visit here to know more about best subscription boxes.

    ReplyDelete