Sunday, January 25, 2015

Lip Care Collection

Today's Blog post is the start of a series of Blogs focusing on my makeup collection. I have decided to do it within multiple Blog posts because one post would ne way too long. I do not by any means have a huge makeup collection but I do have more than just a makeup bag full. The first part of the seires is going to focus on what I am going to call Lip Care. This includes EOS, Baby Lips, Burt's Bees, Nivea, Chapstick, Essence Kiss, Care, Love Balm, as well as some odds and ends.

 
This is my EOS collection. I am going to list the flavors from left to right, top to bottom. Blueberry Acai, Stawberry Sorbet, Summer Fruit, Honeysuckle Honeydew, Strawberry Kiwi, Pomegranate Raspberry, Lemon Drop, Sweet Mint, Orange Blossom & Pink Grapefruit. I do like these lip balms. I think they smell so good and in my opinion they are moisturizing for a little while but they don't last that long on my lips. I keep one in my purse to use when I need some moisture but overall I don't tend to reach for these all the time.
 
 
These are the four original Maybelline Baby Lips that I have. Cherry Me, Peach Kiss, Quenched & Pink Punch. I love the original Baby Lips. they smell good, they are moisturizing and if you want a little color without wearing lipstick or a tinted lip gloss, these are the way to go.
 
 
These are two of the Baby Lips from the Electro collection. Strike A Rose & Oh Orange. These ones in my opinion have more of a tint thank the original ones and come in more vibrant colors but they are still moisturizing and hydrate your lips just as the origingals do.
 
 
These are two of the Baby Lips from the Crystal collection. Pink Quartz & Crystal Kiss. These lip balms have a shimmer to them. I don't like these as much as the others because of the shimmer but It's subtle and not in your face shimmer so I think they are good for wearing something different even if you are not that fond of shimmer.
 
I will also mention that Baby Lips also has a medicated collection but I do not own any right now.
 
 
This is a set of Essence lip balms called Kiss, Care, Love. I have Fruit Crush, Fruit Fruit Fruity & Carribean Sunrise. I think these are a dupe for the Maybelline Baby Lips. Well I am not positive that they are suppose to be true dupes but I think that these are a good alternative and they are a little bit cheaper. I got these on the Ulta website for I believe $1.99 and the Baby Lips can be almost $4 depending on where you get them. They are moisturizing and hydrating and have a tiny bit of color.
 
 
I also have two Nivea products. I have the A Kiss of Cherry lip balm and the Raspberry Rose Kiss lip butter. The lip balm gives you a pinkish tint to your lips while hydrating. The lip butter is a thicker consistency and makes your lips feel smooth and moisturized.
 
.
 
This is my chapstick collection. Fruit Punch, Cherry, Candy Cane & Pumpkin Pie. At the end is a Ulta lip balm in Sweet that I included here because the tubes are the same. The chapsticks are good for chapped lips obviously and especially in the winter time when your lips get more dry than usual. They come in all kinds of flavors and have special flavors around the holidays.
 
 
I love the Burt's Bees collection. I have only tried lip care but I am very interested in trying some of the other products as well. If anyone has tried any Burt's Bees products, let me know which ones and how you like them. I use these mostly on the occasions that I get a cold sore. I can usually feel one coming on and as soon as I do, I put this stuff on and it's gone in about three days. I swear by this stuff and would recommend it to everyone.
 
 
This is the last of my lip care. I have a Wet N Wild Raspberry lip balm. This I got because it was cheap at the drug store but I honestly wouldn't buy anymore. It doesnt smell that good and it tastes horrible. I know that it's not to eat but I have a habit of licking my lips alot and this just is not good at all. It's also a pretty big stick. The next thing is the Absolute New York You're The Balm lip balm in Grape. This reminds me a little of the Nivea lip butter but not as thick. It's very moisturizing and has a good smell. The last two things are what I consider lip treatments. The first is Vaseline Lip Therapy in the Original scent. This is good for dry and chapped lips. Its heavy and moisturizing and it just works great. I like the lip therapy rather than the plain vaseline because the lip therapy doesn't have the horrible smell and taste, it acts more like a lip balm. The last thing is a newer product in my collection but it has quickly became one of my favorites. It's the First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Lip Therapy. I have very dry lips especially in the winter time and this stuff works great. I put it on and an hour later I can still feel it on my lips. The scent is good and it's so moisturizing. I highly recommend this product.
 
So that's my lip care collection. I hope you liked it and as always feel free to share with me your favorite lip care products as well. Thanks for reading :) Until next time....
 
XOXO Lola
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment