Monday, January 5, 2015

Vaseline Uses

Hey Guys!

Today's Blog post is going to be a little bit different from the other Blog posts. Today I want to talk about the different uses for Vaseline. I am going to put them in two different paragraphs, the first being what I use it for and the other being other uses that I've heard worked. These are not the only uses for Vaseline but they are the ones that I find to be the most common. I hope you enjoy the Blog.

Things I use Vaseline for ~

Hands/Feet/Elbows/Knees ~ I have used vaseline a few times on my knees and elbows because they seem to be the places that my dry skin is the worst but I personally do prefer a dry skin lotion instead. I have used it once on my feet and hands to try it but I don't like the feel of it on my hands and it made my feet feel really greasy and I didn't like that either. Of course these are personal opinions and even though they do not work for me they may work for some of you.

Chaffing ~ I use vaseline for chaffing skin all the time in the winter when my legs get wind burned from being outside in the cold. I use it in the summer when I go to the beach and stupidly walk with wet clothes on (I swim with shorts and a shirt on) and forget to bring dry clothes. It works amazingly and It't the only thing I use for chaffing and wind burned skin.

Lips ~ I used vaseline on my lips occasionally but I didnt like the smell or taste so I stopped and then I found out that they came out with a vaseline lip therapy treatment. I tried that and I love it so I technically use vaseline on my lips by using the lip therapy. HAHA.

Hair Dye ~ I use vaseline on my hair line, neck & ears when I dye my hair because any hair dye that I get on my skin washes right off.

Other uses for vaseline ~

Bruises, cuts & scrapes
Teeth ~ To prevent lipstick from sticking to teeth/smiling
Eyelashes ~ To help them grow
Eyebrows ~ To tame
Exfoliant  Mix with sugar or sea salt
Nail polish caps ~ So the caps dont stick when nail polish gets on them
Hide split ends  Small amount on the ends of hair
Cuticles

I have not tried vaseline on any of these things but I am interested in trying the nail polish caps, eyelashes & eyebrows, the split ends & maybe the exfoliant. I will write Blog posts when I try them and let you know how they work. Also if anyone has tried vaseline for anything whether it was mentioned or not, let me know how they work.

As always feel free to leave comments and ideas for future Blog posts. Thanks for reading :)

XOXO Lola

No comments:

Post a Comment