Monday, May 4, 2015

April Favorites!

It's time for another favorites Blog! These are the products that I loved in the month of April...
 
MAKEUP:
 
 
I have been loving the Rimmel London Lash Accelerator mascara that I got in the Walmart Spring Beauty Box. It makes my lashes long and dark and it doesn't clump.
I have also been loving clear lip gloss lately and my favorite at the moment is the Ulta Butter Balm. This one is in Belle and it's a clear gloss that just gives my lips a shine when I don't feel like wearing anything else.
 
HAIR/FACE:
 
 
I have been loving the Olive Oil Leave In Conditioner. My hair dresser recommended this to me when I went and got my hair cut in March. It's suppose to make my hair healthier and it smells so good.
Another hair product that I have been loving is the Australian Teatree Shampoo. I have been trying this as an alternative to Head & Shoulders. It smells better and it seems to be working just as well on my dry scalp.
I have been using the First Aid Beauty Face Cleanser since I finished up my Simple Foaming Cleanser and I am in love with it. It's so gentle on my skin and even works great with my Olay VA-VA-VIVID Face Cleansing System.
I have also been loving this comb. It's just a plain purple with silver tips and a little handle. I have noticed that I have a lot less hair fallout since I have been using a comb instead of a hair brush. This one is from the brand Evolve and I got it at Walmart for about $3.
 
NAILS:
 
 
As always I can't do a favorites Blog without nail polish. The month of April I was really loving the Revlon scented nail polish in African Tea Rose. It's just a pretty bright pink color and perfect for Spring and Summer. I wore this color for most of April. When I wasn't wearing that I was wearing the Revlon scented nail polish in Wintermint. This is a dupe for Deborah Lippmann's Mermaid's Dream. I wrote a whole Blog on that so be sure to check it out if you want to!
 
 
 
 
This also goes along with nail polish. It is my new nail polish storage. I needed a way to store a lot of nail polish and tools in one place that didn't take up too much room. I got this little snap and lock storage bin from Amazon for about $15. It holds all of my nearly 100 bottles of polish with plenty of room to ass to my collection as well as my nail treatments and nail color wheels. I have been loving my new nail polish storage so far!!!
 
T.V. SHOWS:
 
I finally watched American Horror Story Freak Show. I absolutely loved it. I love that the show basically reinvents itself every season. You're never watching the same story twice which is what happens on a lot of T.V. shows and they just end up getting repetitive and boring.
I also finally caught up on the last two seasons of True Blood. I love how they ended that show and gave you absolute closure. So definitely check these shows out if they are something that interests you because they are both amazing.
 
MOVIES:
 
The month of April I didn't watch many new movies because I was watching two seasons of True Blood and also watched the fourth season of American Horror Story as well as going to work but I was able to watch Fifty Shades Of Grey online. First of all, I am definitely old enough to watch the movie! The main reason I watched it was because of all the horrible feedback it got. I find that the more bad reviews it has the better I like the movie for some reason. I thought it was a really good movie. I understand the arguments about violence but I also understand that they are both consenting adults and I mean it's a movie. I really enjoyed the love story that it told and the two main characters had really good chemistry in my opinion. Let's not forget to mention the fact that Jamie Dornan is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!
 
BOOKS:
 
After I watched the movie I went ahead and bought the books for my Kindle. I've always found that the books are always better than the movies. I also like to watch the movies first in most cases because if I like the movie than I know I am going to love the book. That was the case with Fifty Shades Of Grey. I also read Fifty Shades Darker and Fifty Shades Freed and I have to admit I am in a hurry for the next movies. So if you are old enough, I recommend the books and the movie for anyone who is interested.
 
MUSIC:
 
For music I have been really liking the Fifty Shades Of Grey Soundtrack especially the song Love Me Like You Do by Ellie Goulding. I love her in general and this is by far my favorite song from her. I also think it was perfect for the movie.
I have also been loving Pink this month. I recently downloaded her Truth About Love album, so late by the way! I love her songs Just Give Me A Reason and True Love. Definitely check this album out.
Also Kelly Clarkson's new album Piece By Piece is by far her BEST album so far. I love the songs Heartbreak Song, Someone and Piece By Piece.
 
OTHER:
 
The last couple of favorites for April are kind of random ones that I'm just throwing out there. The first is the Samsung Galaxy S5. I really needed a new phone and I love the Galaxy phones. I upgraded from the 3 and I am obsessed. The camera is so much better on the 5 than the 3 and it's just all together an amazing phone.
The last thing that I have been loving is The Sims Freeplay. I love this game and have been playing it since it was released. A new update was just released so I have been really enjoying that.
 
That's it for my April favorites. I hope you try out some of them and definitely let me know what you think. Also feel free to leave comments on the things that you have been loving that I should try out as well.
 
Thanks for reading :)
XOXO Lola
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment