Monday, February 23, 2015

Products I Regret Buying & Some Alternatives

So today's blog are the products that I regret buying and some alternatives that I like a lot better. This is a blog suggestion from sophayhum. Thanks for the suggestion! Check her out on Instagram and read her blog on here as well if you don't already :)
 
 
These two products are from my local Dollar Tree. The Shaving cream was watery and didn't last long. The Dermasil Labs lotion was also very watery and didn't do anything for my skin. The products were only $1 so I really shouldn't complain but it's not worth spending even $1 on something that doesn't work.
 
 
This Rite Aid Renewal Shaving gel was only $2 and it works great. It's got a thick gel consistency and makes my skin feel so smooth. I got the baby soft with baby oil one and it also smells pretty good too!
 
 
Now for the lotion. If you want to use a higher end product then I would go with the First Aid Beauty ultra repair cream. It's a thick cream and after only a few uses I can already tell a difference in the dryness of my skin. This is normally not a product that I would buy because it is quite costly. It's about $30 I believe but I got it as part of a five product set and only spent $48.
 
 
This Jergens Shea Butter lotion is a cheaper alternative. I got this at my local drug store in the travel size section and spent $1.50 I believe. It says it's good for your hands but I use it all over and it works great and smells good.
 
 
This is creamy petroleum jelly and this is also from my local Dollar Tree but this product is actually a good one. Unlike the other lotion this one is a thick cream and it does work great.
 
 
These are two candles that I got from Dollar Tree. I wouldn't recommend them at all. There is a scent when you smell them but when you are burning them there is nothing. I personally don't think that it's worth burning a candle if you can't smell it.
 
 
These are two of the Bath & Body Works candles that I have. I prefer the 3-wick candles. They smell so good even when they are burning. They can be a bit pricey but I usually buy them when they have the two for $22 or $20 sale or when they have them for $8 or $12. I have also heard that Walmart and Target sell 3-wick candles pretty cheap but I have not checked those out yet. If anyone knows if those are worth purchasing let me know.
 
 
As I've said in other blogs I have dry skin and a dry scalp and cannot use regular shampoos. This is the Rite Aid brand anti dandruff shampoo. This is only a half regret buy. This shampoo worked for a little while but then just stopped working. I think it might just be because it is a store brand and different formula. I think it's a good product to use for a few washes and then switch to something else that works better.
 
 
This is the Head & Shoulders anti dandruff shampoo. This one in particular is the Almond Oil one and it smells really good. I don't particularly like the original scented one. I think it smells like medicine. This is the only shampoo that I have found so far that works for my dry scalp and keeps my hair flake free. It can be a little pricey for a shampoo in my opinion but it is very much worth the price if you suffer from dandruff.
 
 
This toothpaste was about $3.50 when I bought it and I did not see any results. My teeth looked no different when I used this than when I use other cheaper toothpastes.
 
I would go with a Colgate or Crest or even a store brand. I can get a tube of toothpaste for $1 and it does the exact same thing as the 3D crest.  I got this toothpaste for $1 at Dollar Tree. Also my local Rite Aid usually has a sale on Crest or Colgate where it's $1 - $1.50 and I can always get the store brand for $1. It also is worth getting their rewards card as well.
 
 
This Ulta Amped Lashes mascara was a bad purchase in my opinion. It was $10 and it just wasn't worth it. I don't know if it's the formula or if I just got a bad one but it's so sticky and it stays that way all day. I feel like my top and bottom lashes stick together whenever I wear this mascara. I thought in the beginning that it was because it was waterproof but I have used others that were not sticky so I don't know what's going on there. Let me know if you or anyone you know has used this mascara and if the same thing happened.
 
 
This is by far my favorite mascara. It doesn't clump, it's not sticky, it makes my lashes long and dark. It's amazing and it's also cheaper than the Ulta one. I believe I got this one at Walmart for $4.99.
 
So that's my blog on products I regret buying and the alternatives that I prefer to use. I hope you enjoyed it and got some ideas.
 
Thanks for reading :)
 
XOXO Lola

No comments:

Post a Comment